Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Flame Princess~

FLAME PRINCESS' DRESS IS DONE :)
it's flippin done!!
i'msohappy.

Look how cute she is.
Just look at her.

The episode she's cosplaying is "Vault of Bones" and it's super cute.

The top pattern was made from a tape model and I used broadcloth (frown upon me o experienced seamsters and seamstresses, FROWN AWAY). The skirt a 4 piece A-Line, also made from broadcloth. The flames (the most time consuming bit and also my favorite bit) are made from canvas sandwitched by two layers of red broadcloth. 

WHAT I LIKE: 
  • I like that I finished.
  • UM. I like the flames at the bottom.
  • I like the that the top is actually interfaced. (BABY STEPS)
  • I like our cosplayer, she's super awesome.
WHAT COULD BE BETTER:
  • The bunchy bit under the boobs.
  • The flames at the bottom should be bigger
  • The red part at the top should also be bigger.
  • You can't even tell she has a petticoat under the dress.
  • I used broadcloth. 
    • (I'd bought it ages ago and it was the the right color ;A;)
    • *hides in shame* 
  • The colors for the bottom flames and the top detail don't match.
  • The gems aren't done.
    • FUCK, still need to make her gems... (i'm not done.)
    • disappoint.
We considered a few different ways to make/buy gems (resin, craft stores, online, sugar candy) but in the end, we ditched attempting clear gems in favor of cheapness and we're currently planning on making paper gems with two billion coats of mod podge. 
YAY, MOD PODGE!

NEXT UP: MARCELINE BOOT COVERS

also, AP LIT TEST ON THURSDAY *shoot me now*

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for your comment..even though i have removed the post right now because I didnt want to feel the way i was feeling.
    Nice blog you have here~ Good to see another Indian cosplayer :)

    ReplyDelete