Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ice Queen fabrics

I was hunting through our local Savers (thrift store) and if you read the hoop skirt post, you'll know I thrifted some white bedsheets for that, but as I was searching, some blue ICE QUEEN colored bedsheets had also caught my eye. Each one was $1-$2, so I bought 3 blue sheets as well and ran with the idea. 


BEDSHEETS, salvage, and RIPPED THREAD.
The darker two seem to be matte cotton (which is what I was planning on getting), but the lightest one definitely has a sheen to it. I can easily see the problem with not having enough fabric and not being able to buy more, so I'm taking my time to make sure all the pieces will be the right size and ripping the seams from all of the edges to maximize the lengths of the sheets. In this extremely pain-staking endeavor, I salvaged some elastic from the dark blue bed sheet and some blue bias tape from the medium blue one. Each bed sheet took about 3-4 hours to rip the seams ;A; 

The medium blue is in great quality, the dark blue is good, but not as good, and the lightest one is pilling.

I'm currently planning on using the darker two for the dress and the lightest one for a petticoat in between the dress and the hoop skirt.

I have no idea how the dress will turn out, but as this was hoards cheaper than buying fabric from a fabric store, it's worth a go.


No comments:

Post a Comment