Saturday, May 4, 2013

WIGS!

~ I got ma wiiigs. I got ma wiiigs. I got ma wiiigs. I got ma wiiigs ~

Last Thursday (April 25) I ordered two wigs from animestuffstore.com
I received them on Tuesday (April 30) which was perfectly in the 4-7 days they gave for shipping, but cost me a good $12, but either way, props for quick shipping.

My first wig was for Ice Queen- click here to see webpage 
(Ayumi-Snow White- 29"-- $27) VERY PRETTY.
The second was for Beth- click here to see webpage
(Tomoyo- Natural Black- 32"-- $25) ALSO VERY PRETTY.
Shipping at this store was quite expensive. I was originally intending to buy the Ice Queen wig off an ebay retailer, but chose this one instead to lessen shipping and for a better guarantee on quality. 

SO, TO THE REVIEWING~
ICE QUEEN WIG:
FRONT
and an obligatory IQ pose
and the BACK
this was a hard picture to take, kept missing ;A;
When I first saw the wig, I was a bit wary that it would be too pretty for IQ. Even though most IQ cosplayers use a straight wig, I wanted a wavy one, as her hair does have a wave to it. This wig is shorter and curlier than I would have liked, but overall, I accept it. As a curly wig, it doesn't tangle or shed too badly and we'll see how the curls keep. It's a bit shiny in natural lighting and I can only assume it'll be worse with flash, so I plan on running some baby powder through it eventually. The head model they used looked small, so I was worried it wouldn't fit my head, but the sizing was surprisingly good-- snug, but not too tight.

BETH WIG:
FRONT
*i be watchin' you all sleep*
*_____*
BACK
i see you seeing my art wall of art which i mostly did not art.
so here's a (marginally) better pic :)
i like my doctor who poster best <3
BACK TO THE WIG, for a Beth cosplay, I'll definitely need to style the bangs and the ends. I thought it would be a bit too long, but I the length came out really well, although I'm starting to think long wigs make people look shorter. In natural lighting, it doesn't photograph too shiny, but we'll see what happens in flash. This one tangles a bit more than the other wig, which is probably because it's straight and doesn't have curls to keep its shape. I've tried to brush the tangles out with my fingers, but that causes some shedding, so I'm a bit wary of that. As with the other one, I was worried it would be too small, but it was a nice fit. 

To max my use of the wigs, I'm making lists of other characters the wigs could potentially be used for, but I haven't come up with much yet. 

White wig: other Ice Queens (Sailor Moon crossplay, Pre-Ice Queen~Simonne, steampunk Ice Queen) Storm (Xmen), female Appa gijinka (Avatar, the Last Airbender), *possibly* TARDIS (Doctor Who), Totoro gijinka (Tonari no Totoro- Ghibli), Athena (Angelic Layer), Derpy Hooves (My Little Pony), Yue (Avatar, the Last Airbender), Harley-Quinn (Batman- DC Comics), other potential gijinkas, any lolita, and various steampunk

Black Wig: Other Marcelines, Mio (K'ON), Jade (Homestuck), Wonder Woman (if I can curl it right) (DC comics), and again, other potential gijinkas, any lolita, and various steampunk

Also, if anyone noticed in the other pics, I was testing out some gunmetal lipstick
Our PB cosplayer (my main call to arms buddy aka *we do most of the work and we're tentatively ok with that*) ordered some lipstick samples from mybeautyaddiction.com 
She was able to order their 3 sample for $4 deal from their etsy, but I can't seem to find the page, so here is the link to the deal on their home site. We ordered gunmetal, sapphire, and sinful.
it's little capsule on the left (and the bobbin is for scale)
regular smile
(and i apologize for my face, my skin hasn't been my best buddy of late)
teethy smile
FROWNY FROWN
i don't know what face this is, but i have a wig on, so it's ok
It stays on pretty well and the color is wearable, so I like it. The little capsule is also a good size for a one-time use. 
I originally wanted blue lips for IQ, but the sapphire was too dark, so right now I'm planning on using this color for IQ. I'm still debating whether I should try the sapphire mixed with some something to make it lighter (would foundation work?). 

SO THAT'S THAT.

STILL TONS OF SHIT TO DO.
HUZZAH.

2 comments:

  1. I think the snow white wig looks awesome on you, and with time it'll probably become less curly and more wavy. and, well, a bit longer, I suppose ^^

    As for the lipstick, I've saw in the internet some tutorials on how to make lipstick out of wax crayons. You might want to try that to get the shade you prefer :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS :)
      I hope the curls go a little looser, but if not, I might just sproing them a lot :)

      I'll definitely look up that tutorial :)
      My friend tried a vasaline and eyeshadow tutorial, but it turned out super opaque.
      maybe the wax crayon one will be a little more sheer :)

      Delete